PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Cool Energy Shop
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Cool Energy Holding Ltd, 163 Cleethorpe Road, Grimsby, DN31 3AX, United Kingdom
In this policy, some names are defined as follows:
Personal data: refers to the data information generated, collected, recorded and stored electronically or otherwise, which can be used to identify personal identity and activities
Smart device: refers to the computing equipment produced or manufactured by hardware manufacturers, with the data transmission ability of human-machine interface and wireless connection to the network, including: smart home appliances, smart wearable devices, etc.
Application program: refers to the mobile application program (including mobile phone client or small program) developed by The Yuanxuan Smart Intelligence, which can help users to realize the remote interactive use with smart devices.
1. Rules for personal data collection
1. What personal data do we collect
In order to provide you, we need the necessary personal data you need to provide these services. If you do not agree to provide it, we may not be able to serve you.
1) Register account data: When you register an account with our application, we may collect your account name and contact information, such as an email address or phone number as the login account.
2) Feedback information: If there are feedback and functional suggestions when using the service, we will collect your feedback content, in order to timely deal with the problems of the application or smart devices.
3) Image recognition: When adding a smart device, the application selects an image file from the album and uploads the selected image to the scanning recognition API in a third-party SDK. This is used to obtain the QR code and barcode information in the image as the device ID value, enabling the smart device to be added to the user's device list. We will not save the original file of the uploaded image.
4) Log information: When you use this App, in order to improve your user experience, the system and abnormal logs may be uploaded, including your IP address, language preference setting, operating system version, access date or time, etc., so that we can easily and accurately identify problems and help you solve them in time.
2. Information related to smart devices
When you use a smart device, we collect some basic and pre-write information about the smart device and the data that you generate while using the smart device.
1) Basic information about smart devices: When you connect a smart device to a service, we may collect basic information about your smart device, such as device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version, and upgrade information.
2) Information collected in connecting smart devices: According to the type of smart device you need to connect, whether the smart device is through Wi-Fi, connection, or 4G wireless connection, we will collect IP, Mac, IMEI data of smart devices.
3) Information of smart device report: Based on the different smart devices you choose to connect to the service, we may collect different information of your smart device report, such as firmware version, setting parameters, alarm data, and running data. To enable us to implement the functionality of the application, and to solve the device running problem when needed.
3. System permissions related to the application functions
When you use the following application functions, our application will request you for the following system permissions related to personal data:
(1) Camera permission: the application opens the mobile phone camera to scan the bar code or QR code of smart devices, and add the hardware device to the user's device list.
(2) Access to the photo album: When the application adds the smart device, select the two-dimensional code picture shared by the smart device saved in the photo album to scan the code to add the smart device to the user's device list. We do not collect the picture file information in the album.
(3) Storage permission: In order to ensure the stable operation of the application, we need to read / write the storage permission of your device, read / write the application running log information and other necessary information in the storage space of the device, to realize the function of obtaining the local log information of the application.
(4) Location information: When the application can configure the WiFi module to access the router network, it needs to obtain the location information permission to search the router SSID connected to the mobile phone, and connect the WiFi module to the router through smartConfig.
The above information about personal data, equipment information, and system permissions is not necessary for the operation of application functions, but this information is very important to improve the quality of service, use of specific services and functions, and develop new products or services. We will not force you to provide this information, and your refusal will adversely affect the functionality of the application.
4. Third-party SDK
Our product is developed based on the Reactive Native open-source framework of Meta Corporation in the United States. The purpose of use is to implement the basic module for APP operation, provide users with various functional foundations and all framework plugins used will not collect user mobile device information during application operation.
5. How do we use your personal data
For personal data, we will use it to provide the main functions of this application program, including:
(1) Create an application account: create a login account in the application to realize the legitimacy and security check of users when they access the smart device.
(2) Equipment access: intelligent devices are operated through the App. We need to verify the legality and authenticity of the equipment by checking the factory MAC information. In addition, if the device needs to be connected to the network, it needs to set the device network through the APP. This process requires you to input the corresponding Wi-Fi name and password, and the information is only used for the device distribution network. The SSID and password data you fill in will be stored in the device locally and will not be uploaded to the server. You can delete this information by restoring the factory device.
(3) Device control and status: You can remotely control the intelligent device through the application program, or you can remotely view the device setting parameters, running status and alarm information
(4) Collect user feedback: The feedback you provide is very valuable to improving our application, application services. To track the feedback you choose to provide, we will contact you using the personal information you provide.
6. How to share your personal data
We will only share your personal data after obtaining your consent, and we will not disclose your personal data to third party companies, organizations or individuals, except where:
1) Third-party service providers that perform certain business-related functions, such as web hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer support services, email delivery services, and other similar services, to enable them to provide services to us.
2) Disclosure to customers and other business partners who directly or indirectly provide you with smart devices and communication modules to use our applications and system services.
3) Disclose to the Affiliate or other third party when we need to conduct any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, transfer or other disposition (including but not limited to in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). In this case, you will be notified of any changes in ownership by email or prominently on our website, and the options you may have on your personal data.
4) We sincerely believe that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of information adheres to reasonable and appropriate principles:
Comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal procedures, or legal government requirements
Implement our user agreements and other agreements, policies, and standards, including the investigation of any potential violations;
Protecting our operations and business systems;
Protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, third parties or the public by law or permission. Perform risk management, screening, and inspection of illegal, fraudulent, deceptive, or malicious activities.
In addition to the circumstances described in this section, you can rest assured that a third party will only obtain your personal data under your authorization.
2. safety precautions
We use commercially reasonable physical, management, and technical protections to protect the integrity and security of your personal data. We adopt a variety of security policies to effectively ensure the data security of users and devices.
Data encryption: We use secure encryption technology to encrypt the transmitted and stored data to ensure that your personal information is not stolen or tampered with.
Access restrictions: Only staff with specific privileges can have access to your personal data and strictly regulate this information.
Security protection: Use a professional security team, and use technology and measures that meet industry standards to prevent malicious attacks, theft and other risks.
If you have reason to believe that you are no longer secure with our products and services (for example, if you think the security of any accounts you may have with us is compromised), you can notify us immediately by email
3. Your rights
We respect your rights and control of your personal data.
If you decide to send us an email, please specify in your request what information you wish to change, whether you wish to remove your personal data from our database, or otherwise let us know what restrictions you wish to impose on our use of your personal data. Please note that for security concerns, we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. Under the applicable data protection laws in the relevant jurisdictions, your privacy request will be satisfied within the time frame.
You may exercise any of the following rights:
1. Access rights: Please access your personal data in the application by accessing the [my] function page.
2. Right of correction: I ask us to correct the inaccurate or incomplete personal data about you.
3 Delete right: You can operate in the following ways to delete your personal data through "[my] - [account] and security] - [account cancellation]" in the application. The deleted personal information includes: user account information, associated device information, feedback information, etc.When you delete the information from our service, we may not immediately delete the corresponding information in the backup system, but will delete the information on the backup updates.
4. data transmission
We provide products and services around the world, and personal data may be transmitted, stored and processed outside the country or region where the data was originally collected. Furthermore, the applicable laws in the country and region where we operate may differ from the same applicable laws in your country of residence. According to the Personal Data Protection Framework, to facilitate our operational services, we may transmit, store, and process your personal data in jurisdictions outside of your place of residence.
No matter where personal data is processed, we will protect it under this policy and take appropriate contracts or other measures to protect personal data in accordance with the applicable law.
In particular, we use China data centers to store and process personal data collected and generated in mainland China, except for cross-border data transmission permitted by applicable law.
If you want to further understand the protection measures we take in data transmission, you may contact us directly in the manner described in this policy.
5. How we handle children's personal information
Protecting young children's privacy is particularly important to us. The Service does not target individuals under the age of 14 (or other ages required by applicable law in your country / region) and we require them not to provide us with any personal data. We will not intentionally collect personal data on any child unless we first obtain permission from the parent or legal guardian of that child. If we find that we have collected personal data on that child without the permission of any child's parent or legal guardian, we will take steps to remove that information.
6. Information retention
We use your personal data within the minimum period required to implement the purposes specified in this policy, unless a specific law requires us to keep the data for a longer retention period. We determine the appropriate retention period based on the quantity, nature and sensitivity of your personal data, and after the end of the retention period, we will destroy your personal data.
1) During our products and services, according to the user agreement
2) When requested, delete your personal data, the personal data will no longer be retained and we will complete the task accordingly.
When we are unable to do this for technical reasons, we will ensure that appropriate measures are taken to prevent further use of your personal data.
7. Policy Update
8. How to contact us
If you have any questions about our practices or this policy, please contact us.
Tel: 01472 867497